GO FOR A SWIM
For Pool booking information please click here
Have a look at the Hyro-pool’s virtual tour on the following link, please click here
Welcome to the Hydrotherapy Pool
Our purpose built Hydropool is located at Sutton Bridge Farm, Sutton Road, Rochford and is fully wheelchair accessible with ceiling hoist allowing hoisting from changing rooms directly into the Hydropool. Out of three changing rooms, two are specially equipped with large showers, changing beds and toilets that are fully wheelchair accessible. The pool area measures 6 x 4 metres with an even 1.2 metre depth throughout. You do not need to be able to swim to enjoy hydrotherapy session.
Hydrotherapy provides invaluable benefits to people in all ages, offering relaxing therapy in a specially heated pool (water temperature in usually 33-36°C which is much warmer than a normal swimming pool). It is also great for joint and muscle problems (buoyancy decreases stress on joints and spine) and exercises within the warm water (temperature is increasing blood flow around circulatory system and so provides pain relief).
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM USING HYDROTHERAPY?
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- After strokes or head injuries
- Pre and post-surgery for conditions such as knee or hip replacement
- Neurological conditions i.e. Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy, MS, Parkinsons Disease
- Physical and learning difficulties (for exercise and improvement of quality of life)
- Sport injuries or post work accidents
Manager: Mariusz Macias
Tel: 01702 542224
Address: Hydropool, Sutton Bridge Farm, Sutton Road, Rochford, Essex, SS4 1XS